16 July, 2011

Travelog: Cork to London/Stansted

Well, after all that anxiety, we're halfway through the journey to Sweden. Today was hectic, but with the help of my wonderful husband, I got through it just fine.

Last night, we were just exhausted. I got most of the packing done, but we had cleaning left to do and still had things left to pack. A few weeks ago, we got a nice new (to us) suitcase off Freecycle.com, and this was it's maiden voyage with us.

We woke up early in order to get lots accomplished, and we did! Time just seemed to slip by though, and before we knew it - we had to dress up and head off to Camphire, Co. Waterford for a mini-wedding session!
Today was Angharad and Piers' happy day, and they asked us to come out for a couple hours to do individual photos and a little family session.

The forecast predicted torrential rain all throughout the country, but we were blessed with just the right amount of sunshine (and wind) to get some fun photos.

Angharad looked just like a princess, in my humble opinion. Absolutely gorgeous and Piers was head over heels. It was so cute.

After the wedding shoot, it started to pour, and we zoomed back home for a bit of lunch, and to finalize our packing before our friend picked us up to go to Cork airport.
We had planned on bringing two of our bottles of homemade wine (which I still need to blog about! sorry...) but when we got to the airport, we had to leave one behind (ie. in the trash, what a shame) because our bag was too heavy.
At the last check in before we boarded, the lady who took my ticket demanded I place my carryon in their little luggage size-checker thing - which is just a metal bar frame to help determine if your carryon is way too big to fit in the luggage compartment. Mine is just perfect, which is why I bought it... but for some reason or another, I had to force it into the frame. Once I got it in, I couldn't get it out of course, and everyone started to pile up behind me. In the end, I got it out, but not without a zipper casualty. One of my zipper pulls was destroyed. Fortunately, each of the compartments on my bag have two - so it's not rendered useless (yet).
So onto the plane we went. A short flight, and in about an hour, we had landed in London/Stansted.

Now I'm sitting in a weird little hotel that smells of feet, but seems to be clean enough. Tomorrow should be pretty busy though! Our day starts at 5:30am to be at the airport by 6:30 for our flight - landing in Gothenburg, Sweden at around 10. Then off to get ready for our niece's christening, and who knows what after that!! Woo!
Bring it on.


Related Posts with Thumbnails